If you have a WordPress website, you can copy/paste your MicroMetrics tracking code into the header.php or footer.php theme files or use our official MicroMetrics plugin. WordPress.
Table of Contents
How to install MicroMetrics in WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Go to Plugins, Add New.
- In the search engine enter micrometrics.
- Click Install Now, then Activate.
- That’s it!
Setting up automatic events in WordPress
The MicroMetrics plugin for WordPress incorporates several automatic events, which only need to be triggered from the settings, outbound click tracking, search tracking and tracking 404 errors.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, in MicroMetrics > General you will find the available options.
Setting up manual events in WordPress
The MicroMetrics plugin for WordPress also includes a simple event generator that allows you to measure “click” actions without having to touch the code.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, in MicroMetrics > Events you will find the tool to generate your own events.
To register an event correctly you must complete the following fields:
- Selector (Required). The type of selector (#id or .class) on which you want to measure.
- Attribute (Required). The name of the selector (#id or .class).
- Name (Required). The name of the event to display in the MicroMetrics report.
- Value (Optional). The quantitative value of the event. To apply decimals you must use the dot (.) as a separator.
- Currency (Optional). The type of currency, if it has a value assigned.